Freitag, September 15, 2006

LOONTOWN IS IN BOLLYWOD

... so that´s where we are ...

At the moment it´s hard to stop me from talking about my job.
So here we go.



To explain: my current job is that we work as artists in so called disadvantaged town areas where we teach several art classes and prepare an upcoming performance together with interested residents. You could say that part of the job is to be a talent scout. Getting to know the people in this area is also getting to know their qualities and talents - and from there we see how we can cooperate. Our performance will be staged on the balconies and facades of a high rise building that is prone to destruction next year. (At this point a little more over half of the residents have already moved out to renovated flats... thats what they call urban redevelopment.)

Some of you might remember that I have been named (or named myself ;) movement coordinator for my group and got to see several local dance groups. I was especially impressed by the Indian temple dancers. Since we needed a love scene for our performance and so many of the kids I worked with adore Bollywood movies, I asked some of the Indian girls if they could do a Bollywood scene for me. The girls were immediately set on fire and we worked out a short film script. The story is simple: a young woman walks with her friends over the willows and catches sight of a young attractive man standing on the balcony of a high rise building. First he does not notice her, but when they start dancing it doesn´t take long before he catches on, too. When the dance is finished a chase through the building begins. Both are looking for each other, racing through hallways, opening doors, looking down balustrades.

We really just had very little time for shooting but since the girls worked so hard (they did all of the choreography themselves and were extremely patient during the shooting) everything worked out well. In front of the building is a huge green willow where they performed and we shot from high up as well as eye to eye. There is a scene that looks so eerie, as if the girls dance between the buildings, all being the same size.

A few scenes...



I had incredible fun doing this (and got a sunburn on the second day of shooting!) - and I think so had everybody else.

16 Kommentare:

Ces Adorio hat gesagt…

Wow, very interesting. it's always rewarding when you love and enjoy what you do and affect positive change. Is this in Germany?

CRISTOSOVA hat gesagt…

Oh, absolutely, I feel like I love my job at the very moment and it makes me happy that I can do that for/with the girls, they are so smart and talented. And yes, this Bollywood is in Germany. It´s in an area with a very diverse population. The stats say 40% immigrants and 30% of Russian-Germans, which makes it 70% alltogether. Sometimes the rather dull character of the high buildings disguises the fact that there is all that diversity going on inside.

MareAmaro hat gesagt…

this is a very nice job you got...just
don't organize the set of a big bollywood ballet on a dangerous balcony!!

Joy Eliz hat gesagt…

Oh!!! I love Bollywood! My alter-ego would love to go to a big party and have to dance and sing in a group! (and get to wear a sari)

CRISTOSOVA hat gesagt…

Piero, no way, that´s why we chose the lawn. The house itself is in dangerous condition!

Joy, hey, can I join? I am not too fond of Bollywood movies but I started enjoying the music. Well, lets say I even started imitating their choreography - alone at home, lotsa fun :)

Luisa hat gesagt…

This is pretty,prettY! I love the india dance, I love the love story... Everything in Bollywod seem to me very attractive, I envy your work there.
Enjoy :)

CRISTOSOVA hat gesagt…

Oh, thanks, Lu! Its truly a blast. We will be editing on Tuesday, can´t wait to see the result.
Saludos!
xx

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh....this is great Cristosova. It's being a while since my last visit and you are having a blast working on this. So nice to do so many things in this life for work. You really know how to live and enjoy life. You do so many things....
hope you are good.
Te envío mucho saludos, hacía tiempo que no te visitaba!
beso y abrazo!
-Marjorie

Anonym hat gesagt…

.Your pic is in perfect bolliwood style!
:)
Enjoy, I guess you got a great job...

valerie walsh hat gesagt…

how wonderful for everyone involved! Sounds like a great project!Nice to see all of your posts I am a little behind in blogville myself I have only been posting on IF, Naughty I know but hopefully we will get in the spirit again in the winter months! Nice that you are so happy with work!

Anonym hat gesagt…

sounds like a lotta fun!
great work! :)

CRISTOSOVA hat gesagt…

Hello, thank you all for your replies! I am busy up to my head and enjoying almost every second of it. Its great to have a job you can love, really. I will go and visit the new repliers shortly, I promise!

Yes, Val, I suppose so too, that winter time will be more of a blogging time...

Rita Oliveira Dias hat gesagt…

Great work, the best of all is to reach out, always tryng to know what makes them click. There are too many people who instead of realy healping seem to worry in dominating others.Um abraço

CRISTOSOVA hat gesagt…

Thank you Rita! Thats exactly what we are trying to do, reaching out, reaching in, looking into their talents... and there are a lot!
xx
c.

Kay Aker hat gesagt…

Who knows what present or future auteurs you are cultivating and provoking! Very exciting!

Janet hat gesagt…

'just wanted to say "Hello". Seems that you are having a really fun, busy and interesting summer!